Apple’s vision has always been to create an iPhone that is entirely screen. One so immersive the device itself disappears into the experience. And so intelligent it can respond to a tap, your voice and even a glance. With iPhone X, that vision is now a reality. Say hello to the future.
Design and Display
It's all screen.
Super Retina Display
With iPhone X, the device is the display. An all-new 5.8-inch Super Retina screen fills the hand and dazzles the eyes.1
The display employs new techniques and technology to precisely follow the curves of the design, all the way to the elegantly rounded corners.
OLED Designed for iPhone X
The first OLED screen that rises to the standards of iPhone, with accurate, stunning colours, true blacks, high brightness and a 1,000,000 to 1 contrast ratio.
A tiny space houses some of the most sophisticated technology Apple has ever developed, including the cameras and sensors that enable Face ID.
The most durable glass ever in a smartphone, front and back. Surgical-grade stainless steel. Wireless charging. Water and dust resistance.2
Familiar gestures make navigation natural and intuitive. Instead of pressing a button, a single swipe takes you home from anywhere.
Your face is now your password. Face ID is a secure new way to unlock and authenticate.
Face ID is enabled by the TrueDepth camera and is simple to set up. It projects and analyses more than 30,000 invisible dots to create a precise depth map of your face.
Portrait Mode Selfies
Create beautiful selfies with sharp foregrounds and artfully blurred backgrounds.
A new feature in Portrait mode, Portrait Lighting produces impressive studio-quality lighting effects.3
The TrueDepth camera analyses more than 50 different muscle movements to mirror your expressions in 12 Animoji. Reveal your inner panda, pig or robot.
Dual 12MP Cameras
The art of photography.
Larger and faster 12-megapixel sensor. A new colour filter. Deeper pixels. And a new telephoto camera with OIS.
Depth-sensing cameras and precise facial mapping create striking studio-quality lighting effects.3
Both rear cameras have optical image stabilisation and fast lenses for outstanding photos and videos even in low light.
The wide-angle and telephoto cameras on iPhone X enable optical zoom, as well as digital zoom of up to 10x for photos and 6x for videos.
Introducing A11 Bionic. The most powerful and smartest chip ever in a smartphone, with a neural engine that’s capable of up to 600 billion operations per second.
The four efficiency cores in the all-new CPU are up to 70 per cent faster than A10 Fusion. And the two performance cores are up to 25 per cent faster.
Machine learning lets Face ID adapt to physical changes in your appearance over time.
A second-generation performance controller and custom battery design that lasts up to two hours longer between charges than iPhone 7.4
The new Apple-designed three-core GPU is up to 30 per cent faster than A10 Fusion.
A11 Bionic powers extraordinary augmented reality experiences in games and apps.
for a wireless world
With no charging cable required, iPhone X is truly designed for the future of wireless.5
A Wireless World
Charge with wireless charging stations and mats in hotels, cafés and airports around the world.
A groundbreaking iOS
for a groundbreaking
Designed for iPhone X
A phone that’s all screen required an entirely rethought OS with new capabilities and gestures.
New with iOS 11
Send Animoji in Messages. Make Siri your personal DJ. And discover new music with friends in Apple Music.6
Experience mind-blowing AR games and apps on the world’s largest platform for augmented reality.
Available in Silver, Space Gray.
- 5.8-inch (diagonal) widescreen
- OLMED Multi-Touch display3
- 2436x1125-pixel resolution at 458 ppi
- A11 Bionic chip with 64-bit architecture, Neural engine, Embeded M11 motion coprocessor
- 12MP wide-angel and telephoto cameras
- Dual optic image stabilisation
- Digital zoom up to 10x
- TrueDepth camera
- 4G LTE Advanced7
- 802.11ac Wi-Fi with MIMO
- Bluetooth 5.0
- NFC with reader mode
- Wi-Fi calling7
- The iPhone X display has rounded corners. When measured as a rectangle, the screen is 5.85 inches diagonally. Actual viewable area is less.
- The iPhone X display has rounded corners. When measured as a rectangle, the screen is 5.85 inches diagonally. Actual viewable area is less. 2. iPhone X is splash, water and dust resistant, and was tested under controlled laboratory conditions with a rating of IP67 under IEC standard 60529. Splash, water and dust resistance are not permanent conditions and resistance might decrease as a result of normal wear. Do not attempt to charge a wet iPhone; refer to the user guide for cleaning and drying instructions. Liquid damage is not covered under warranty.
- Portrait Lighting is available in beta.
- Battery life varies by use and configuration; see www.apple.com/in/batteries for more information.
- Compatible wireless charging mats are sold separately.
- Apple Music requires a subscription.Some features may not be available in all countries or all areas.
The Sky app will be available in late 2017. The Sky app may not be available on the App Store in all countries or regions.